[wp-hackers] Deprecated functions and files

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Tue Aug 12 15:51:37 GMT 2008

On Aug 12, 2008, at 9:12 AM, Otto wrote:

> Ugh. I hate those quiz things.
>
> I installed Donncha's Cookies For Comments recently and it's worked
> fairly well: http://ocaoimh.ie/cookies-for-comments/
>
> I recommend it instead.

I prefer methods that don't rely on JavaScript.  yes, virtually
everyone has JS, but some don't.  And Yes, I've had at least one
person (a personal friend) contact me and say he was blocked because
he didn't have JavaScript.  (Different anti-spam, obviously.)

He knew me, so he bothered to contact me.  Have I lost other comments
to people who didn't know me?

(Obviously the quiz blocks some other comments, too -- Sorry Viper!
See my other email regarding that issue -- it's been a learning
experience!)

Stephen

--
Stephen Rider