[wp-hackers] <!--nextpage-->

Jess Planck jesse at funroe.net
Wed Apr 30 16:50:43 GMT 2008

On Apr 30, 2008, at 11:12 AM, Stefano Aglietti wrote:

>> Shouldn't be hard to type it in the HTML editor, also Alt+Shift+P
>> will
>> insert it in the Visual editor.
>
> Actually in my 2.5.1 local test  site at every Alt+Shift+P i saw the

What might be cool: Move more and nextpage to a TinyMCE dropdown for
posts, and then remove more from the dropdown when editing pages.

Andrew knows this pretty well, and the nextpage and more could use
some polish. It can also be an editor state issue since these buttons
function differently for posts and pages. Like 'more' doesn't do
anything for pages, but nextpage AND more both work for posts.

To make a better user experience you might have to change TinyMCE
behavior for posts and pages and that might be tricky.

One thing to note though... nextpage could use a slightly different
TinyMCE button. The buttons are a tad too similar. So even if you show
the nextpage button, users will probably happily click away and make
more tags if both buttons are visible. BUT if you make one button and
set those options as dropdown listed text the functionality might be
clearer.

Jess