[wp-hackers] De-emphasize use of ID values in functions?

Jennifer Hodgdon yahgrp at poplarware.com
Fri Apr 18 22:40:21 GMT 2008

Otto wrote:
> Somebody on the forums brought up a good point today. A lot of the
> functions are still very geared towards use of ID numbers. Post IDs,
> category IDs, etc.
>
> However, WordPress itself moved away from that a bit in 2.5, with the
> removal of the ID numbers from the admin space. [... suggestion to modify the functions ...]

It's been discussed here before too, but may I suggest you add
anything relevant to http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6315 ? Hacker's
List discussions don't have much traction, in terms of getting things
done in WP.

     Jennifer

--
Jennifer Hodgdon * Poplar ProductivityWare
www.poplarware.com

Drupal/WordPress Sites, Themes, Modules/Plugins
Custom Web Programming, Web Databases
Modeling/Analysis/Palm OS Software