[wp-hackers] The security week? :)

Stefano Aglietti steagl4ml at gmail.com
Wed Apr 16 18:27:27 GMT 2008

On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 13:10:02 -0500, Otto <otto at ottodestruct.com>
wrote:

>It would be nice if somebody had mentioned this somewhere. I didn't
>even know about this until just now. And I had to search through the
>code to find out what it does.

I'm so busy today tha I had no time to dive innto the code an anyway
I'n not a PHP guru... for this i posted it there.. to get info.

>The one thing most people do not change is their wp-config.php file. I
>had no idea stuff had been added to it to enable this sort of thing.

When 2.5 was realeasedI didn't se any advice about the NEED to make
this secret key.

If I understood the report on secuity focus without that KEY the
password si as strong as before.. or im worng? The new method and the
KEY ad an extra secutiry but they are not mandatory.

Email: steve at 40annibuttati.it steagl at people.it