[wp-hackers] New password encription

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Mon Apr 14 23:28:54 GMT 2008

You can simply replace it with a md5 without having to enable any plugins.

WordPress can determine if the value is a md5 or a phpass hash, If its a
MD5, then it will validate you based on md5, and then update the password
hash to a phpass hash.

I had the same problems a few days ago, I needed access to a temp trunk
install, and i'd forgotten to change the password from the default, I
simply did an update wp_users set password = md5('test'); and everything
was up and running again (You might want to add a Where clause to that.. i
only had one user :))