[wp-hackers] Last idea for GSoC

Brian Layman Brian at thecodecave.com
Thu Apr 3 14:10:23 GMT 2008

> WPES (WP External Storage)  is project that will allow bloggers to use
other
> kind of storage for upload files (images, videos, audio) with an easy
> integration WP.

I think this is a really good idea.  I like the idea of it having its own
plugin system so that it is easily extendible.  Drop and go.  More
complexity could allow the option of specifying the file type or size used
by that file system.  Then you can have files over 20mb go to S3 or
something like that, unless it is a mpg which gets sent to YouTube.

Brian Layman
b5media Inc.
www.b5Media.com / www.TheCodeCave.com / www.rhettandlink.com/live
Skype: BrianLayman