[wp-hackers] Full size should mean full size

Aaron D. Campbell aaron at xavisys.com
Wed Apr 2 20:16:40 GMT 2008

I talked about it a little in a recent post
(http://xavisys.com/wordpress-25-first-impressions/), but one of the
most annoying things of 2.5 is that when you insert an image as "full
size" it isn't full size at all.  It has a max width of 500px, unless
you have set $content_width in your themes functions.php file (a global
that, as far as I know, has not been used before, and does not exist is
the vast majority of themes)!  If you want thumbnail, medium, and large,
then call it that, but still give us a full size option.  I added my
opinion to the tickets as well (http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5777
and http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6086), but I'm sure I'm not the
only one that feels this way.  Should I submit a ticket to put it back?
Or am I in the minority?