[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Sun Sep 30 12:30:24 GMT 2007

#5115: Unable to reproduce. It works fine for me on multiple installs on
multiple OSes. If this issue was widespread, I'm sure it would have been
reported much earlier. Sounds like a non-issue or some very rarely occurring
bug due to server configuration or something.

#5116: Valid, somewhat. If "Plugin A" has existed for years, I hope the
moderators of the official repository aren't going to accept a request for a
plugin of the same there, so that prevents that. In the reverse, plugin
authors shouldn't be noobs and name their plugins the same as ones already
existing on the repository. All that said, I don't see a real code solution
to this all as the URI, author, etc. is all able to change. There's no real
constants when it comes to plugins.

#5117: Agreed, although it would get rather spammy with a bar below each
non-known plugin. We'd need to find a clean way to display this notice.

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/