[wp-hackers] PostgreSQL port status?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Sep 28 08:29:51 GMT 2007

It was too much work to keep it working after every update from the official WP repo, it kept breaking big-time.

If anyone is interested in a PGSQL "port", we discussed this several on here and came to the conclusion that the most viable thing is a plugin that intercepts any calls to the database and uses some regex/mapping voodoo to convert MySQL commands to PostgreSQL commands.

There was a plugin that did that for WP 1.x and it worked just fine..

BTW, am I the only one that has issues with WP calling the ANCIENT, dead, VULNERABLE, and discontinued wordpress-pg.sourceforge.net an "excellent" WordPress port to the PGSQL platform?
http://codex.wordpress.org/Using_Alternative_Databases

I find that misleading. If the intention is to make it look like WP has PGSQL support... well, it doesn't and that line should be removed... Even the link to the pg port seeing as it is only version 1.2.1 WITH the security vulnrerabilities..... and hasn't been updated for years.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/