[wp-hackers] Re: User-Agent string patch

Christian Höltje docwhat+list.wp.hackers at gerf.org
Wed Sep 26 18:55:56 GMT 2007

* Stephen Rider (wp-hackers at striderweb.com) [070926 13:37]:
> Joe Average isn't going to have any clue what that means.
>
> That's why I suggested hooks -- exactly the kind of thing that should
> be a plugin.  If I want to send it with modified User-Agent, I can
> install the (most likely soon-to-be-programmed) "Custom User-Agent"
> plugin, and then turn "Check Updates" back on in WP Options.

I created the start of a patch at:
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5065

Can you help me out with the hooks?  I pushed all the User-Agent
strings into a single function, wp_user_agent().

Now I need hooks so that a plugin can modify the User-Agent (empty
user agents are problematic).

Pointers, examples or suggestions are desired.

Ciao!

--
"I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious
cult."

The Doctor What: <fill in the blank>             http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC