[wp-hackers] Future of wp-hackers

Andy Staines andy at yellowswordfish.com
Wed Sep 26 10:36:11 GMT 2007

As someone on the fringe of all this - I use this list (and a feed
from Trac) simply to watch what's going into releases. And that's
because 'official' documentation is virtually non-existent.

But, as we are repeatedly told that the core should be light and the
'frills' should be catered for by plugins, which is fine, it would be
useful to have a dedicated 'plugin authors' forum where people can
ask the more difficult techie questions they get stuck on and the
more knowledgeable could assist the newbies. Doing that on this list
sometimes works but just as often get's lost in the noise. I see
other projects doing this successfully.

But you're right about this list. Far, far too many posts from a
community who believe they can 'make' decisions that have already
been made or influence change.

My 2 pennies worth.