[wp-hackers] Re: Plugin update & security / privacy

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Mon Sep 24 06:12:23 GMT 2007

I think an opt-in method would be a very bad idea. It'd nearly negate the
whole purpose of the feature as the majority of noob users would never turn
it on.

However, I full heartedly support an opt-out feature as well maybe a notice
the first time checking. Simply put, the default should be to check, but it
should be easy (easier than a plugin) to disable it.

Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/