[wp-hackers] api.wordpress only returns some version updates

ozgreg wphackers at galleryembedded.com
Mon Sep 24 01:45:18 GMT 2007

Greetings,

I been doing some testing of the update checking for plugins and found it is returning new version information for some plugins but failing to return new version info for others..

Taking for example my plugin, WPG2 which went 3.0RC Final, I simulate a version update check by resetting the version on my development blog to 2.0 and check the headers to ensure the plugin info is being sent as 2.0 to api.wordpress.org yet api fails to return a new version notification.

What is wierd is the check is working for some plugins (wp-cache) yet not my plugin, also taking to other authors, it appears others are also having the same issue (in-series) for example with the version checker on api.wordpress.org

Anyone else having the same issues, it appears api.wordpress.org seems to have some concerns with version checking??