[wp-hackers] Plugin update & security / privacy

Moritz 'Morty' Strübe morty at gmx.net
Sun Sep 23 22:52:27 GMT 2007

Matt Mullenweg schrieb:
> Moritz 'Morty' Strübe wrote:
>> It can.
>
> Your blog URL is completely harmless.

Yes, but not, as a pointed out several times before, in combination with
the installed plugins and their versions.

> > We only have your word for that. And sorry, that is not enough
> > for me. Especially if it does not have to be.
>
> If you don't trust wordpress.org, I suggest you do one of the following:
>
> 1. Use different software.
Wordpress is a great software. No reason to do so.

> 2. Fork WordPress.

This would be quite stupid. I don't have the time to do so. And I not
going to that because of one or two lines of code. I as a coder can
easily change those. And this is not what this discussion is about.

> 3. Install one of the aforementioned plugins.

Not an option. The update-notification is one of the reasons to switch
to 2.3

Cheers
Morty