[wp-hackers] Switching to Swift Mailer?

Lloyd Budd lloydomattic at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 16:36:21 GMT 2007

On 9/13/07, Callum Macdonald <lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com> wrote:
> G'day,
>
> I was looking at plugins that add SMTP to WordPress's mail sending today
> and I came across Swift Mailer[1]. According to their site it's far more
> sophisticated than PHPMailer (which is no longer maintained).
>
> I've only looked at it briefly, but it looks like it would make sense to
> switch from shipping PHPMailer with WordPress to use Swiftmailer
> instead. Anyone else have a view?
>
> I'm happy to rework the wp_mail() function to use Swift Mailer and
> submit a patch, just wanted to float the idea first.
>
> Cheers - Callum.
>
> [1] http://www.swiftmailer.org/

That is under consideration. 03/10/07 21:40:03 changed by ryan
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3862#comment:7

"I've been looking over swiftmailer, but it is has dozens of files
versus phpmailer's one file. If anyone wants to experiment with
plugging swiftmailer into wp_mail(), let us know how it goes.

http://swiftmailer.org/

Use their php4 package rather than the php5 one."

Cheers,
--
Lloyd Budd | Digital Entomologist | | Skype:foolswisdom
WordPress.com | WordPress.org | Automattic.com