[wp-hackers] Structured Blogging?

Stephane Daury wordpress at tekartist.org
Sat Sep 8 03:22:33 GMT 2007

Looking at both projects, I can already see the nightmare this will
create with the teeming WP theme ecosystem.

 From what I see, WP does use microformat in some places (rel for
category widgets and such), but since each theme has its own take on
the xhtml presentation layer, these plugins have rough seas ahead of
them to satisfy their user base.

I use microformats where/whenever I can (hcard, hatom, geotag, etc),
but at the post and page level in WP, I have found no better way than
to stick to the theme and template level for now (coupled with custom
fields too).

Stephane