[wp-hackers] XMLRPC rework

Joseph Scott joseph at randomnetworks.com
Mon Sep 3 18:12:29 GMT 2007

On Sep 3, 2007, at 6:26 AM, Computer Guru wrote:

> Is it possible to assign tags to posts via XMLRPC?
> Actually, a better question would be if any of the standard
> remote-blogging protocols have support for tags, and if WP conforms to
> that.
>
> I haven't seen support for tagging (no matter what the remote blogging
> engine) in any of the Windows or Linux desktop blogging clients;
> though I'm thinking of writing a plug-in for Windows Live
> Writer.......

I looked around and found mt_tags and mt_keywords.  From what I saw
it seemed like mt_keywords was the more supported of the two (and by
that I mean I actually found docs for mt_keywords, where I didn't
find hardly anything but a mention here and there for mt_tags).

And since someone else had already done most of the work to get
mt_keywords going:

http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/900

we went with that.

If you are interested in XML-RPC issues in WordPress we also have a
mailing list for that:

Joseph Scott
http://joseph.randomnetworks.com/