[wp-hackers] XMLRPC rework

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon Sep 3 12:26:09 GMT 2007

Is it possible to assign tags to posts via XMLRPC?
Actually, a better question would be if any of the standard
remote-blogging protocols have support for tags, and if WP conforms to
that.

I haven't seen support for tagging (no matter what the remote blogging
engine) in any of the Windows or Linux desktop blogging clients;
though I'm thinking of writing a plug-in for Windows Live
Writer.......

-CG

On 9/2/07, Daniel Jalkut <jalkut at red-sweater.com> wrote:
> On Aug 31, 2007, at 2:51 PM, Joseph Scott wrote:
>
> > When returning post data I'd suggest limiting it to anyone that can
> > edit the post (the post author and anyone with editor and
> > administrator role).  This would make any of the methods that return
> > post data do the same sort of checks that mw_editPost does.  Is
> > there any reason why a user who can't edit a post should still be
> > able to get the post data via XML-RPC?
>
> I'm not too familiar with the roles in WP, but I can imagine a
> collaborative environment where it makes sense to be able to fetch
> posts which you can't edit, in order to have context for editing/
> submitting posts of one's own.
>
> So the user should be able to fetch any post from XML-RPC that they
> would be able to browse in "Manage Posts" from wp-admin.
>
> Daniel

Computer Guru
Director,
NeoSmart Technologies