[wp-hackers] Single sign-on with Wordpress & Mediawiki

Sneaks 0vcqn5q02 at sneakemail.com
Mon Oct 29 00:33:06 GMT 2007

> Yep. Shouldn't know or care. Authentication is authentication. I'm
> saying that there should be no "primary" web application -- all the
> auth logic should be centralized behind a common API so that logging in
> in one place is *exactly the same* as logging in somewhere else
> (within a single site).

i'd also like to take this moment to again point out that there is a big
difference between having one username to login to different parts of a
site, and actually logging in one time for all parts of the site.

most of this thread has just been about merging tabular user data, but
my original question was about getting other applications in the same
site to recognize that a user was already authenticated inside
application X.