[wp-hackers] WP-Cache vs. eAccelerator vs. Memcache vs. ... (Yeah, another server opt. discussion)

Viper007Bond viper at viper007bond.com
Sat Oct 27 14:53:48 GMT 2007

I've just upgraded my server and figured it'd be a good time to re-examine
the big WordPress install on the server and it's optimization. The install
gets ~40k hits on a slow day and over 100k on more popular ones (which is
1-3 days of the week).

For years now, I've just used WP-Cache. It worked fine and my buddy who
manages our server for me even enabled caching WP-Cache's folder to memory
(I think, server configs obviously aren't really my thing). But after
discovering the eAccelerator and Memcache plugins out there that make direct
usage of the modules, I figured that'd be more efficient than caching to
static files via WP-Cache.

However, I'm a bit clueless here and don't know which to use as my buddy
says both eAccelerator and Memcache are installed. I'd ask him, but he
doesn't know WordPress at all really.

phpinfo() -> http://titan.finalgear.com/php.php

Server specs can be listed if wanted as to determine which would be best for
the hardware.

So, any thoughts on the matter? And yeah, I did poke around the Google
Groups archive some, but didn't come up with anything of much use. Then
again, I'm not a search master.

--
Viper007Bond | http://www.viper007bond.com/