[wp-hackers] WPMU cross-site categories & tagging

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Wed Oct 24 14:40:11 GMT 2007

G'day,

I've just started working with WPMU. I've noticed that my wordpress.com
accounts have the same tagging box that WP 2.3 has, but WPMU doesn't. My
question is two-fold.

1) Is anyone interested in collaborating on implementing this? I'm happy
to put in some time, but it'd be nice to work with one or two others on it.

2) If we/I go ahead and do this, will it get committed to WPMU trunk?

My second point raises the question, is there point in us going through
this process if the code already exists? Or is the WordPress.com code so
far removed from the "stock" WPMU that it's probably quicker to copy
from WP 2.3?

I guess that's more than two questions! :)

Cheers - Callum.