[wp-hackers] WPMU Plugin management

Omry Yadan omry at yadan.net
Tue Oct 16 11:30:42 GMT 2007

Hi All,
I wrote a plugin management plugin for WPMU
(http://firestats.cc/wiki/WPMUPluginCommander)  that allows Automatic
activation of plugins in the plugins directory, and mass
activate/deactivate of plugins.
what I would like to add is the ability to hide plugins from normal
users and prevent them from activating them through some hackery.
this involves two things:
1. manipulate the list of plugins displayed to the user.
2. prevent activation of plugins not in the plugins list.

I don't see how those things can be done with the current WPMU code, but
I am willing to add the required filters/hooks needed to perform this
and submit a patch.
what do you guys think?

    Omry.