[wp-hackers] Proposal for a function commenting convention

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Sat Oct 13 17:47:49 GMT 2007

Hello there

Again on the subject of "when the f*** was this function introduced?",
I have a simple proposal for the future: why not simply add a comment
stating in what version a particular function was implemented ?

Something like, short version:
/* do_stuff() : Does stuff. Added in WP 2.4-bleeding */

Or for a PHPDoc version, we could use:
/**
 * Does stuff
 * @return boolean
 * @version WP 2.4-bleeding
 */

Or even a custom tag such as "@wordpress 2.4"

I think this would, in the long run, really help casual plugin devs
(as well as others probably, but I'm a casual plugin dev :)

Thoughts ? (particularly from committers ?)

Cheers,

Ozh
--
http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News