[wp-hackers] Wordpress minor versions changing things for no reason, why?

DD32 wordpress at dd32.id.au
Fri Oct 12 04:34:30 GMT 2007

On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 13:40:51 +1000, Jared Bangs <jared at pacific22.com> wrote:
> My best advice would be to follow WP development as closely as you can, and
> (if time permits) either fix the plugins prior to the WP release or at least
> put a notice up that advises users of the upcoming incompatibility.

I'd suggest testing with the beta versions at least (And keeping in mind that even then, it may change in the final beta releases) if you dont have enough time to follow Core Dev.

Unless you're only using WordPress API functions, you cannot be sure that the plugin will be forward compatible, Theres simply too many things which can change during development to maintain backwards compatibility with non-API functionality. WP Devs do their best to maintain that all API functionality stays backwards compatible with older releases, I dont think you can hope for more than that in any Product.