[wp-hackers] Re: wp_insert_link() --> rss output

Christian Höltje docwhat+list.wp.hackers at gerf.org
Fri Oct 12 04:01:47 GMT 2007

* DD32 (wordpress at dd32.id.au) [071011 19:12]:
> On Fri, 12 Oct 2007 00:57:39 +1000, Christian Höltje <docwhat+list.wp.hackers at gerf.org> wrote:
> > In HTML and especially XML/XHTML/RSS the characters &, < , " must be
> > be replaced with entities (escaping).  However, the canonical form of
> > a URL is without any entities.  You would type in a browser
> > foo.php?a=b&c=d not foo.php?a=b&amp;c=d.  The second would produce two
> > arguments a=b and amp;c=d
>
> In an XHTML document all Amperstands have to be url encoded in the
> get query var.  foo.php?a=b&c=d is not valid XHTML,
> foo.php?a=b&amp;c=d is valid XHTML.
>
> You would not type the address into the url bar as b&amp;c it
> expects it to come as b&c

We are in violent agreement, sir.  Would you care to step outside and
agree with me?

^_^

Ciao!

--
When I was a kid I used to pray every night for a new bicycle. Then I realized that the Lord doesn't work that way. So I stole one and asked Him to forgive me
       -- Emo Phillips

The Doctor What: Second Baseman                  http://docwhat.gerf.org/
docwhat *at* gerf *dot* org                                        KF6VNC