[wp-hackers] Plugin zip problem on wordpress.org

Keith Constable kccricket at gmail.com
Tue Oct 9 21:45:40 GMT 2007

Travis Snoozy wrote:
> It's a great big PITA if you have files you don't want to distribute,
> though. It would make a lot more sense for only files in the
> appropriately-named subdirectory to get packaged. Case in point, I have
> a whole series of tests that belong in the repository, and are tied to
> the release version, but shouldn't be distributed in the tarball. I've
> had to resort to tagging two "releases", one real one, and one
> exclusively for the benefit of the packager.

Could you provide examples of other automated packaging systems that
behave that way?  It was my impression that tagging different versions
for different audiences is a common practice.

> Similarly, the screenshots don't need to be in the release zip
> (especially since the images can't have reasonable names), but the
> current packaging scheme *forces* the image files to be included if you
> want the screenshots to show up on the site.

Just to clarify, what's your logical reasoning for not including
screenshots in the release zip?

-Keith Constable
http://kccricket.net