[wp-hackers] Plugin zip problem on wordpress.org

Michael D Adams mikea at turbonet.com
Tue Oct 9 20:07:43 GMT 2007

On Oct 9, 2007, at 12:42 PM, Travis Snoozy wrote:
> It's a great big PITA if you have files you don't want to distribute,
> though.

What if the "Stable Tag" field in the readme could specify a
directory instead of just a tag name?

Stable Tag: 2.1/sub-directory

would result in tags/2.1/sub-directory/ being packaged as the
download zip.  For the "Other Versions" section of the plugin
directory, we'd probably still package the whole "root" directory
(tags/2.1/) because we can't know if all tags have the same directory
structure.

Would that help with these issues?  Thoughts?

Michael