[wp-hackers] Incredibly High PHP Creation Times on WP SVN?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Oct 5 00:24:59 GMT 2007

No, I turned it off /because/ of this. GZip improves download times, but increases load levels on the server due to compression. The reported time at the bottom of the page is how long it took the server to create the page, and is independent of how fast/slow you download it or how big it is. Yet even with GZip off, it's still ginormous.

Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies
http://neosmart.net/