[wp-hackers] Page searching examples [was: 2.4 planning discussion]

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Oct 3 23:42:39 GMT 2007

Oh no, I'm not saying Google is the best way to go, by any means. But
it's still better than what we got now. It's what I use because, for
the particular searches that I've found people use on my own site, it
works quite well.

So, don't get me wrong. I'm a proponent of the match() functionality
in mysql. That would work quite well, I think. Maybe. Haven't tried it
yet.

As far as searching pages and such go, I think that maybe breaking out
of the Loop paradigm might be the best way. But I dunno for sure. Just
ideas. :)