[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Jeremy Visser jeremy.visser at gmail.com
Tue Oct 2 10:41:06 GMT 2007

Omry Yadan wrote:
> 3. I already have my own infrastructure that I am happy with (SVN, Trac,
> Wiki, Demo etc). I am not going to throw all this.

I sympathise with this point, and I also do the same thing. I am
perfectly happy hosting my own Subversion or Bazaar repository, and I am
depressed by the fact that I would have to throw away the setup that I
work quite a few hours each week to maintain (SVN, bzr, Trac, ViewVC)
just to get my plugins listed in the WP.org repository.

My two plugins so far are minor, but I believe both of them are useful.
However, I only get a couple of downloads a month, and if they were
listed in the directory, with the luxury of my own hosting, then more
people would be made happy. :)