[wp-hackers] WordPress plugin update bugs

Stephen Rider wp-hackers at striderweb.com
Mon Oct 1 22:11:46 GMT 2007

+1 on this.  From a user standpoint this is messed up, as WordPress
_seems_ to check all plugins for updates, but silently is _not_
checking many of them.

We need to either allow plugins not directly hosted at Wordpress
(including non-GPL) to play, or make it clear within the interface
which plugins are being checked and which are not.  As configuration
problems can prevent even WP hosted plugins from being checked, I
would think _both_ suggestions should be pursued.

I understand the desire to champion open-source licensing, but
putting that _before_ usability seems like some skewed priorities to me.

Stephen