[wp-hackers] Pinging Support for HTTP Request API

Steve Lewis stevelle at gmail.com
Mon Nov 26 07:01:07 GMT 2007

On Nov 25, 2007 10:39 PM, Jacob <wordpress at santosj.name> wrote:
> 3. If this was included in the core, would any plugin authors use it
> instead of using fsockopen? Since the API is GPL, it would be completely
> possible for the plugin authors to include it if it doesn't exist.

I would use it as a plugin author.  I would like to see it in core.
It would provide a valuable tool, like the JS include support and AJAX
hooks introduced with 3.2, which are perhaps the most useful features
WP has added in a very long time, IMHO.  I understand that the other
POV is legitimate too, however.

--
SteveL