[wp-hackers] A third action for plugins

Andy Skelton skeltoac at gmail.com
Sat Nov 24 23:44:31 GMT 2007

On Nov 24, 2007 9:47 AM, Paul Menard <paul at codehooligans.com> wrote:
> I've noticed that old plugins leave trails in the wp_options table. At
> one time many plugins would automatically remove any entries in
> wp_option (as well as any specific new tables) upon deactivation. For
> some reason plugin developers have stopped this removal.

I used to add links to the plugin description for stuff like
initializing tables. Now I wonder if we should have an Uninstall
(remove tables/options and then deactivate [and delete?] the plugin)
button beside the Deactivate button, for plugins that are activated
and have registered an uninstall function:

add_action("uninstall-myplugin", 'myplugin_uninstall');

Andy