[wp-hackers] rewrite subdomain to page

Tomas Kapler tomas at kapler.cz
Sat Nov 24 01:34:51 GMT 2007

I have made a company web based on the Wordpress, see http://www.sedma.cz/

The problem is, that the client had some subdomains, which had shown a
subpage of his web - e.g. http://plastova-okna.sedma.cz

He wanted to keep this, but i do not know how to do it. I was only
able to do rewrite, that forward (301 / 302) such visitior to the new
address of this page (http://www.sedma.cz/produkty/plastova-okna):

# BEGIN WordPress
<IfModule mod_rewrite.c>
RewriteEngine On
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST}  ([^.]+)\.sedma\.cz
RewriteCond %{HTTP_HOST} !(^www.*)
RewriteRule ^$  http://www.sedma.cz/produkty/%1  [R,L]

RewriteBase /
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-f
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} !-d
RewriteRule . /index.php [L]
</IfModule>

# END WordPress

But I am unable to do it without rewriting the addres. I know the page
id, so if you write http://www.sedma.cz/?p=7 , but doing something
like

RewriteRule ^$  ?p=7  [L]

does not work.

i have been looking for plugins, but all subdiomains plugins does not
work with latest version of wordpress, and what's worse - they are
using subdomains for categories, not for pages

Any help would be appreciated

Tomas