[wp-hackers] How does code make it into core?

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Thu Nov 22 19:14:31 GMT 2007

G'day,

Following the discussion on WP login cookies[1], how is code committed
to core? Is it a case of making an ad-hoc request to someone with commit
access? Raising a ticket on trac and hoping it gets accepted? Is there a
more formal process?

I'm in favour of storing WP passwords as salted hashes rather than
straight md5s. I'm not concerned about my own installations, I can write
/ install a plugin for those. I believe it's something that should be
incorporated in core.

However, there's little point bashing out a bunch of code if "the powers
that be" don't think so. Can anyone confirm how the process works? How
does code make it into core?

Cheers,

Callum.

[1]