[wp-hackers] Wordpress Cookie Authentication Vulnerability

Otto otto at ottodestruct.com
Wed Nov 21 03:34:08 GMT 2007

Great! Now that you like the idea, let me shoot it down. :)

This approach prevents "staying logged in" on multiple computers. I
login from work and home. I leave my cookie on both, and have no
issues. With this approach, I have to login every time, since the BRS
keeps changing. Can true session ID's solve this?

Longer term answer: Why are we building this logic ourselves anyway?
This seems like it should be a solved problem. Is there no PHP library
that will do this for us?

-Otto