[wp-hackers] Hello, new developer with a question

Callum Macdonald lists.automattic.com at callum-macdonald.com
Sat Nov 17 20:04:40 GMT 2007

Hey Derek,

I'm pretty sure add_menu_page() doesn't add a child page. So you could
simply add a child page with the same page name and function, but a
different title.

However, if it does add a child page automatically, hook into the
'admin_menu' action and manually edit the $menu and $submenu variables.
You can see how they're structured in wp-admin/menu.php - it's pretty
straightforward.

Cheers,

Callum.