[wp-hackers] Unified HTTP Request API

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Sat Nov 17 12:22:24 GMT 2007

Matt Mullenweg wrote:
> Jacob wrote:
>> I'm writing for input on any thoughts on the current prototyped API
>> and thoughts on whether such an patch would be worth placing in the
>> core of WordPress. Are any WordPress devs working on something similar?
>
> What you've described seems very complicated for what should be simple
> operations, ideally a single-line function call.

Well, I wrote up a quick prototype [1] of what I mean. Not production
quality, nor is it finished. The hard parts are in implementing the
request method for each class.

A couple of ideas. I have implementations for GET, but I haven't wrote
the functions for POST, however, I believe Snoopy is used for that
purpose, so no doubt that it won't be needed, but would be super easy to
create.

I was wondering if I should finish it and how likely that it would be
included in to WordPress (if not, then what I could do to get it to that
point). I'm actually more proud of this version than the last permutation.

[1] http://trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/4779/http.php

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.