[wp-hackers] WordPress Checking Own Pingbacks - Intended Behavior?

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Fri Nov 16 19:26:08 GMT 2007

I have a better idea:

How about Akismet does that on its own?

Seriously, a blog user shouldn't have to go into the spam to de-spam his/her
own comments.. Same way comments from site author are always exempt,
pingbacks are no different.... what is the difference between the two?

I guess having Akismet auto-sumbit and force-ham all pingbacks by same blog
and comments by authors would be a good compromise, no?

Let WordPress automatticaly do it for its users, they'll appreciate it :)