[wp-hackers] iPhone Content Winner

Sam Bauers sam at wopr.com.au
Thu Nov 15 14:20:45 GMT 2007

On 15/11/2007, at 11:19 PM, Doug Stewart wrote:

> I must admit, there's a great deal to having an OPEN SDK right now,
> with known license and usage restrictions

Shame there aren't any phones to actually run the code that's
developed...

Apple has a large install base of 1.4 million+ and don't forget that
iPhones have teh sexy. Seriously, I don't think good SDKs sell
handsets. I do understand your grievances about Apple, but they have a
good brand, tight UI and great industrial design, I think that's all
they need in this space.

But to bring this back to a kind of WordPress oriented discussion. I
wouldn't spend any time on a WPhone style Android application until
there is a market for them beyond a few developers inside of Google. I
don't think this is a no-brainer direction for developers like the
iPhone was.

Oh... congratulations on winning the contest by the way. Do you plan
to combine efforts with the other entrants to make a super-dooper
plugin?

Sam