[wp-hackers] Regarding Status Pending...

Bob wp-hackers at nj-arp.org
Thu Nov 15 09:27:52 GMT 2007

Looking at the code in edit-form-advanced.php, I see the following check:

  if ( current_user_can('publish_posts') )

If the test fails, the user sees "Submit for Review" instead of "Publish".
Doesn't that do exactly what you want?  All you'd need to do is take away
the "Publish Posts" capability, or make the users Contributors.

You probably want this change if you use this feature:
http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5329