[wp-hackers] apply_filters, merge_filters and reset()

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Sun Nov 11 21:04:10 GMT 2007

You know, for true performance, it would be better to tap into C/C++ and
just write an PHP extension for this part. Yes, it won't be available to
the majority of WordPress users, but for those wanting more performance,
it appears it would be the best choice.

While, those points noted need to be addressed, I'm not certain all of
them need to be corrected in userland. From what I've seen of several
benchmarks, call_user_func takes more time than each or next. I think
Travis setup is what is causing the decrease. When I submit the next
patch, it won't have the do...while loop change over to foreach nor will
it "correct" merged_filters.

--

Jacob Santos

http://www.santosj.name - blog
http://wordpress.svn.dragonu.net/unittest/ - unofficial WP unit test suite.

Also known as darkdragon and santosj on WP trac.