Extend options.php to allow deletion, Viewing of Serialized, And grouping options (was: [wp-hackers] adding delete/autoload to options.php)

Ozh ozh at planetozh.com
Fri Nov 9 19:34:53 GMT 2007

On Nov 9, 2007 11:43 AM, DD32 <wordpress at dd32.id.au> wrote:
> Heres the ticket:
> http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5316

That's a fun hack

What would really be worth it would be allowing editing of serialized
data, just like you can edit non serialized stuff. Could be a possible
UI nightmare, depending on the approach you would take to do it,
though.

I'd also suggest some layout rework, to make things more simple &
usable (for instance on wide screen the checkboxes are way too far on
the left, the centering of option names makes no sense and is ugly --
yes, I know, the original page was like this, etc...)

For what my opinion on this is worth, I'd be in favor of making this
core, since it cannot do more harm than the regular options.php page,
which is "hidden" anyway.

Ozh
--
http://FrenchFragFactory.net ~ Daily Quake News