[wp-hackers] apply_filters, merge_filters and reset()

Jacob wordpress at santosj.name
Thu Nov 8 05:23:54 GMT 2007

You should very well, make the bug report then for 2.3.2. It would at
least fix some issues with actions that may have been edge cases.

There is no need to test, but you can do so anyway, it has been a while
and this is one of the little known and documented issues. I've already
ran a few (including switching over to foreach) while testing the issue
with <code>next($wp_filter[$tag]) !== false</code>.

I think the problem is that foreach doesn't expect for the array to be
updated inside of its loop. It only does the reset before it starts. The
second issue would be that foreach acts upon a copy of the original
array. Appending values to the original array will not update the array
referenced in the foreach construct.