[wp-hackers] Fresh Meat: Open Web Analytics for WordPress

Peter Adams peter at oncefuture.com
Tue May 29 19:13:09 GMT 2007

good question. I haven't tested OWA with WP-Cache.

OWA for WordPress includes an IMG tag in the page footer for new
visitors that is used to process their first hit to the web site.
this eliminates the "one-hit" robot session over counting issue that
FUBARs most web analytics. Without that IMG tag being present on the
page new visitors will not get their sessions logged.

Right now, that IMG tag is included conditionally if the persistent
cookie is not found, but it doesn't need to work that way. I'll add a
config option for that in the next release.

-P-