[wp-hackers] Usergroups in WP

Jochem van den Heuvel jheuvel at xs4all.nl
Tue May 29 10:05:29 GMT 2007

Hi there,

Not sure if this is the appropriate place for my question, if not, my
apologies.

One thing i'm missing in WP (or I missed it so far...) is the possibily to
create usergroups. (apart from the roles)

I would like to make groups of users that can view and post to one or more
specific categories. Thus, give a groups of users access to certain
categories.

I found a plugin that can do the job for individual users
(categorie-access), but that will give a lot of slack and maintenance
issues.

Is there an existing way to do this, or are there plans of putting this in a
new version? IMHO, it would make the system a lot more versatile.

Thanks in advance,

Jochem