[wp-hackers] On the removal of the preview frame

Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira eduo at mac.com
Tue May 22 17:53:26 GMT 2007

On May 22, 2007, at 4:11 PM, Bruno Alves wrote:

> I still think this could be optional, maybe with the preview frame
> closed
> by default.
>
> Having to open a new page everytime I upgrade a post, doesn't seems
> productive to me.
>
> In all my blogs it loads pretty fast, so I can't see a reason to
> remove
> the frame.
>
> I think It could be an option, set in user profile, just like visual
> editor (witch I don't use, but some of my authors like it).

Quick note that seems to not have been mentioned this time:

If you have the preview opened in a different tab or window you can
refresh it separately from the rest. This is nice because WP
autosaves the post periodically and it also means you can do some
stuff, save, do more stuff, save and only after a while go to the
preview window/tab and refresh it to see changes.

The URL for the preview can also be opened simultaneously in
different browsers, if you get a hard-on comparing every single post
against different browsers (I've seen this often enough to warrant a
mention).

I find the separate tab/window more useful in this sense than
reloading the preview every single time I save the post (I tend to
write long posts).

Eduo