[wp-hackers] XML-RPC drafts (used to be 2.3 Features)

Computer Guru computerguru at neosmart.net
Mon May 21 15:15:17 GMT 2007

Daniel Jalkut wrote:
> On May 21, 2007, at 12:14 AM, Joseph Scott wrote:
>
>> When saving a post (with say metaWeblog.newPost  or editPost) you can
>> indicate that it is a draft.  You are correct though, we don't have
>> any specific methods for managing those drafts.  Seems reasonable to
>> add that under the new wp.* methods.  Did you have something in mind
>> already?
>>
>> If you have been having other issues with WordPress XML-RPC please let
>> me know, I'd be happy to help track them down.
>
> Thanks, Joseph. It's nice to hear ;)
>
> I don't have anything in mind but I will probably have a better sense
> after I play with what the other systems provide for inspecting drafts.
>
> At first guess I'd think maybe something similar to "getRecentPosts" but
> specifically for drafts would be a good start.

As a _user_ of such systems, I'd have to say that's a bloody important
feature we're missing out on.

I switch clients a lot. Call it insecurity, but I constantly switch to
and from BloGTK, Live Writer, and BlogJet (no Mac, sorry :P). I'd love
to have a way for them all to share the same drafts, instead each is
limited to the drafts it created.

--
Computer Guru
NeoSmart Technologies