[wp-hackers] PHP5 Switch Campaign

Eduardo Gutierrez de Oliveira eduo at mac.com
Sat May 19 13:41:21 GMT 2007

On May 19, 2007, at 2:45 AM, Matt Mullenweg wrote:

> Charles wrote:
>> Presumably it'd also be a central place to collect notes specific to
>> installing/using WordPress on a particular host, which as far as I
>> know
>> doesn't exist.
>
> Unless it's a host with > 100,000 domains, that information belongs
> on the host's site.

Hosts with many less domains than this have implemented Fantastico,
that for some it's good enough. I personally have found enough
trouble with permissions when mixing automated solutions with user-
installed ones that I truly don't know what advice to give.

I would implement "Instant Update" in the core, though, at the very
least. This would mean that users would rely on Fantastico only for
the first installation. It wouldn't mangle their user-owned
modifications later on when upgrading.

Something like suPHP's functionality would't be amiss, either.

Eduo