[wp-hackers] WordPress 3

Matt speedboxer at gmail.com
Sat May 19 07:01:43 GMT 2007

On 5/17/07, Marcos Sader | marcosmedia <m at marcosmedia.com> wrote:

> We've had this discussion so many times, the answer is clear,
> WordPress won't drop support for PHP4 in the short term. Why? Because
> that will be an improvement aimed just to developers, and WordPress is
> about users first.

Hosts are also about users first (well, sometimes money, but users and money
tie into each other), so when people start emailing support saying that WP3
is out and it needs PHP5, hosts aren't going to sit their and lose
customers, they're going to install PHP5.

--
Matt (speedboxer at gmail.com)
http://mattsblog.ca/ | http://livemp.net/